Monday, October 22, 2012

How else do you earn Swagbucks?

-->
There are many ways to earn Swagbucks each day. Some are better than others, some are easier than others. Here is a list of several ways to net Swagbucks besides the 75-point plan I previously outlined. These are my preferred methods:

Bonus videos. There are bonus videos offered every day. There are several places to find them. Sometimes they’re on “cards” on the Swagbucks home page. These often provide you with 1 or 2 Swagbucks by clicking on the card and opening a video player, then streaming the video. Sometimes you can earn several Swagbucks from a single video, and occasionally the video player or the on-screen card will offer you another earning opportunity when you finish a video. Sometimes you can stream the same video several times and earn points upon completion of each play. Usually you don’t have to watch the video, most times you can do something else while the video is playing. Occasionally the video will stop playing when you click on another window. That sucks, but it’s a tiny percent of all earning opportunities.

Referrals. Under tools at the top of the home page is "Invite & Earn." It will help you post invitations to Swagbucks through Facebook, Twitter and email, as well as provide you with the referral link you can copy and paste anywhere. I won't paste my referral link here, since I don't want my account associated with a blog that preaches bending the rules to maximize your earnings. If you are known to be bending the rules or "cheating," you could get your account deactivated, and that's no fun for anyone.
I don't push people to join this site, despite the fact I make more than $25 in rewards per month these days. It takes a lot of bits of time to earn points all month long, and not all of it is passive time. Most people are going to get bored with the concept before they start raking in $25 in rewards per month, so I don't bother trying to recruit people. But occasionally I find somebody who is really interested in what I'm doing, despite the fact I don't talk about it much, and they sign up with my referral link.
The referral gives you matching search rewards, which is a nice benefit. (When your referral wins 10 Swagbucks for a search, you immediately get 10 Swagbucks, too.) There are limits, however. Once your referral earns 1,000 search bucks, you stop getting matching bucks. But that takes some time, and if your referral is dedicated, you'll earn an extra 1,000 bucks over time. And you don't earn matching bucks for anything other than their search wins.
But these can come in handy some days when you're trying to hit a daily goal. 

• Groupon purchases. This isn’t a great earnings opportunity, but Groupon and some other online discount sites are partnered with Swagbucks to reward you for your purchase. If you’re going to buy a Groupon deal, find it on the Swagbucks site under “Daily Deals.” The site doesn’t update the moment Groupon releases a new deal, but it usually has your local offer available to you the same day.

• Complete surveys. Surveys can be frustrating, as they require some attention,and time, but they earn better rewards than most searches. There is a section called “Trusted Surveys” under the earn menu. There are survey options there. Sometimes surveys are promoted on one of the cards on the front page. That can direct you to earnings opportunities. Your Swagbucks inbox at the top of the page, near your Swagbucks total, may include a survey invitation, too. And then there are “Special Offers” under the earn tab. Those offers come from several companies and each company has a variety of surveys to offer. I have had good luck with Peanut Labs surveys, but I get rejected for plenty of their surveys. There are several tips I have for completing surveys, and I’ll go into detail further in a subsequent article.

Inbox. As noted, you have an inbox, and sometimes the mail delivered is simply an advisory of a special event taking place. Other times it’s an invitation to earn points through joining a Facebook application, streaming a video or completing an offer. Look for opportunities to earn easy points. And if you ever get a 3-point video offer where you click on a link to open a video, then return and click on another link to answer a question about an ad that played before the video, the answer is always “I didn’t see an ad.” I don’t know why, but it always is.

• Special Offers. As noted, there are special offers from several companies, and they contain surveys, video ads and Facebook/website registration opportunities. Some of those opportunities require you to make a purchase, some don’t. I add Facebook applications whenever I can, get the points then delete the application days, hours or minutes after I am credited with the points. I recommend having a junk email address for use with all Swagbucks registration opportunities. You need a valid junk email, as sometimes you have to go to that inbox to respond to an email verification of your registration.

There are other ways to earn points, such as printing coupons through their site and redeeming them at your grocery store. It takes weeks before you receive those points, but few coupons available are coupons that are of value to me, and I don’t have a home printer, so it’s not a practical way to earn points. You can also trade in old video games, consoles and books, but I’ve never given that much consideration, I don’t have much to offer in those categories. You can earn Swagbucks by shopping through online retailers via the Swagbucks website, but I don’t do much online shopping, so I never give that a second thought. There are a few other ways I have not mentioned, but those are the main ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment